Smart Car of America Forum banner

Keeping it Going

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MB DNA 
#1 ·
Sometimes getting the word out that SCOA helps is as easy as telling a smart driver that SCOA is a site they need to visit and why if they have not done so.
I have received answers to odd questions, went to new places, met new people, invited and was invited to participate in events including at our Nations capital.
Resolving mechanical issues via this site has saved the majority of us well over $100.00. This site continues to save me money.
I do look forward to having a few minutes discussion with another owner.
I cannot make it to a lot of the "meat & greets" but when I do, it is always enjoyable.
A big "THANKS" to SCOA for this site from "3LUG" and me.
Keep it going.

#2 ·
Just got an '09 451 cabrio last month - took it to Mercedes west broad for a 22 point insp - they were having deal. When they washed it - it leaked water. They sent it through the wash. Have been trolling online looking for others who had issues and have read some horror stories about service departments. I cannot find much information at all regarding our dealer here in Richmond. You guys (you and 3 lug) seem to have had yours for a while. How do you feel about the service dept there? Seems to me they should have known not to send a cabrio through the wash....

Does not seem to be many smarts on the road in our area and I am concerned they are not as practiced as they should be?

#4 ·
When they washed it - it leaked water.

Seems to me they should have known not to send a cabrio through the wash....
Our 2008 cabrio goes through the smart Center wash once a year, no leaks after 7 or 8 washes.

Did you point out the leak to the dealer?

As you didn't describe the point of or severity of THE LEAK, it's difficult for other cabrio owners to render advice.

By their very nature cabrios can "leak“ in a car wash but remain dry to a handwash or rain. Perhaps the rubber seals need a little TLC?

#3 ·
Richmond, VA smart service center

Sorry for the delayed response.
I still have my 2010 Cabrio and continue taking it to the McGeorge Mercedes service center as needed.
They have the lowest priced tires in the area.
Their coffee maker makes good coffee.
Their two 50" TV's are set on NBC & FOX News so you pick left or right.
Their staff is accustomed to the high end customers which provides you with better quality than the others.
My Cabrio has not leaked in any of the 47K miles (kow) and I still take it through car washes.
As you can tell, I would recommend using their service center.
I hope this helps and would enjoy having a cup of coffee or tea sometime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.