Smart Car of America Forum banner

201 - 214 of 214 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,698 Posts
Ray, while this was likely a firm order doesn't seem right that you should "someday" be expected to pay full price for a "new" one model year old 453?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Ooops

Been awhile slow posting but I assume Keith left the building when word came down on the gassers Not seeing much info on the ED here or at home. Sold mine last week and hoping be a new 453 owner eventually Curious as nothing much has been said. Any direction appreciated. Sill need to get licence back though first.:(

·
Registered
409 Posts
now really a question, but moreso an answer..

recently bought another 453 and this one lacks some options i honestly thought were standard:

unless optioned w/ lighting package the 453 passion does not have auto headlights and the "U" ring on headlamp is not standard, comes w/ 4 LED per light if not optioned w/ said package.

"sport" button not found on manual transmission vehicles

while not "standard" with a passion, the tach/clock is standard on manual (engine so quiet not sure you would ever hear when to shift otherwise)

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
now really a question, but moreso an answer..

recently bought another 453 and this one lacks some options i honestly thought were standard:

unless optioned w/ lighting package the 453 passion does not have auto headlights and the "U" ring on headlamp is not standard, comes w/ 4 LED per light if not optioned w/ said package.

"sport" button not found on manual transmission vehicles

while not "standard" with a passion, the tach/clock is standard on manual (engine so quiet not sure you would ever hear when to shift otherwise)
tach/clock standard for 2016 passions, optional for 2017 passions and up. The "sport" button is unnecessary for the full manual trans vehicles because it is there to control shift parameters and the manual trans driver needs to make those decisions on his/her own. Lighting/non-lighting package is exactly as you described. :nerd:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just acquired a 2016 last Monday and noticed when Refueling at almost empty it stops at 25 liters and I have kind of force fill the remaining 5-7 Liters to get to 30-32 Liters when tank is almost empty. Any solution to this in works?

also Jesus I have a Porsche with track spec suspension and I have to tell you the suspension in this smart actually hurts my body lol with Factory Tire Pressures, has anyone tired a lower Tire Pressure to soften the Ride? or will this compromise the Fuel Economy?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just acquired a 2016 last Monday and noticed when Refueling at almost empty it stops at 25 liters and I have kind of force fill the remaining 5-7 Liters to get to 30-32 Liters when tank is almost empty. Any solution to this in works?
There is a thread with almost a thousand posts about this issue. A warranty replacement exists (or existed?) but most report it doesn't satisfactorily fix the problem. Some force fill, while others say that is not recommended. Here is a post from that thread after an owner received the (unsatisfactory) replacement: http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/1405833-post604.html

I have to tell you the suspension in this smart actually hurts my body lol with Factory Tire Pressures, has anyone tired a lower Tire Pressure to soften the Ride? or will this compromise the Fuel Economy?
Lowering pressure under guidelines could lead to uneven wear, weakened tires and safety concerns.

Congratulations on your 2016 smart! it's otherwise an amazing vehicle in my opinion.

201 - 214 of 214 Posts