Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2009 Passion. I can't wait to pick it up on Friday. My only concern is the long slender key.
Where can I buy a protective case for the key?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
29,390 Posts
I just bought a 2009 Passion. I can't wait to pick it up on Friday. My only concern is the long slender key.
Where can I buy a protective case for the key?:confused:
Welcome to SCoA (sometimes we forget that). :)

The key is pretty sturdy, unless you're trying to protect something else from the key.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
I don't under stand.... when they brought me the key, the car was on it. I thought that WAS the key cover! :D

I still LOVE driving around in my Brabus Key Cozey.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Sorry, didn't mean to sound rude. Welcome to the forum! As to your original question, I think the part that's more prone to breakage is the rubber membrane that covers the buttons on the key fob. But those wear out from use, not so much from exposure or damage, so I'm not sure what you can do to "protect" the buttons.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Key Cover

I was concerned about the key because I currently have a 2002 VW Beetle and I am always misplacing the key because of the design and the fact that the little metal loop broke off.

I also live in the land of rain and snow..just covering all of my bases.

This car is a big investment for me and something that I have wanted for years. Finally I am getting my dream car at age 51 :)

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
I actually left my key in my pocket and it went through a wash and dry cycle. I'm still using that key without any issues.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,972 Posts
Welcome to the asylum. As you can tell sometimes they let us out of our padded cells. :woohoo:

Enjoy driving your car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts