Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all ok so the key fob is acting up, sometimes it works and sometimes not and I get the five lights blinking. so I had the battery checked and it is ok they said it is a problem with the fob. so my question is, is there a fix other than replacing the key fob?

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok I tried another battery and still the same problem, Called the dealer in Denver and I was told if I contact the parts and supply all the proper documents they could order me a key and have it shipped to the house. 286.00$. They also said that there was no fix other than replacing the key. I want two keys because of how these cars work. My car is a 2008, 63,000 miles on it so I think it is worth the extra money.

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
You should really have 2 keys anyhow.. I have had trouble with the metal contacts on the remote as they will lose tension and the battery will not make good contact. I have bent them a bit so they contact the battery with a little more force and that seems to help.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
ok I tried another battery and still the same problem, Called the dealer in Denver and I was told if I contact the parts and supply all the proper documents they could order me a key and have it shipped to the house. 286.00$. They also said that there was no fix other than replacing the key. I want two keys because of how these cars work. My car is a 2008, 63,000 miles on it so I think it is worth the extra money.
I had some friends years ago. They lost both their smart keys. The dealershinly sold them in only in pairs. They had to have the dealership pair the new keys to the car. Which was another $100+. I wonder, if the new keys you receive, are already paired to your car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts