Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
The Ace hardware here. They would have to order, the smart car fobs. We did get a extra fob made for my daughter’s Jeep Renegade. Nice not having to take a visit to the dealership.

When we moved to our new home. We finally found the extra fob, for the smart car. Been miss placed, for 11 years. The battery is still good too.

Audio equipment Auto part Jewellery Circle Gadget

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just call around. Not all locksmiths can program the fob, but you will find one that can. I did it when living in Panama City Beach, Fl. I had to drive an hour to go to Destin, but there I met a mobile locksmith who did it on the spot. You don't have to but the key from them, in most cases they will have to order the keys anyway, not too much demand for smart car keys.:)

·
Registered
2017 453 ForTwo Coupe ED
641 Posts
Some car locksmiths have the MB key programming equipment. Might take a few phone calls, but start with any major auto locksmiths in your area. My understanding is they have to plug into the car as well as have ALL keys that you want to work with the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.