Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 smart Passion fortwo caballero
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went to Ace and checked to see about a new programmed key. Guess wut they make our keys but they don't program them !!!

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
The Ace hardware here. They would have to order, the smart car fobs. We did get a extra fob made for my daughter’s Jeep Renegade. Nice not having to take a visit to the dealership.

When we moved to our new home. We finally found the extra fob, for the smart car. Been miss placed, for 11 years. The battery is still good too.

Audio equipment Auto part Jewellery Circle Gadget

·
Premium Member
2008 Passion We call him BOB..
100 Posts
I was told they had to be done a MB/Smart Dealer with there software.
NED

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Some......locksmiths can and will do the cutting, programming and warranty it to work provided you buy the key fob from them.
Most Will Not warranty a key not bought from them.
They tend to be few and far between.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just call around. Not all locksmiths can program the fob, but you will find one that can. I did it when living in Panama City Beach, Fl. I had to drive an hour to go to Destin, but there I met a mobile locksmith who did it on the spot. You don't have to but the key from them, in most cases they will have to order the keys anyway, not too much demand for smart car keys.:)

·
Registered
2017 453 ForTwo Coupe ED
171 Posts
Some car locksmiths have the MB key programming equipment. Might take a few phone calls, but start with any major auto locksmiths in your area. My understanding is they have to plug into the car as well as have ALL keys that you want to work with the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts