Smart Car of America Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts
I THOUHGHT things were going to turn aroudn for my smart car experience but noooooo!

They called me in to get my replacement hood yesterday. I took the car in and waited about an hour before they came back and told me that the panel they had ordered had arrived chiped and warped. They drove my car back out to the service bay and when I picked it up I noticed the shifter button was hard to press in. When I got home it was hard to get into park but I did not think much of it because of my newfound faith in PAG/Smart.

Don't get your shorts in a bunch, but why would you leave the dealer with a shift release button that was suddenly stiff anfte having read the post on this forum about stuck gear shifts.

smart will not produce a perfect car, not one, and it is dissappointing when we have problems with our new babies, but that is life and I find working throug these issues can make me fonder of my smart.

Keep working with your dealer and make them like you and be firm with them about properly repairing your baby.

Don't worry about my shorts man. I'm back in love again.

I went into the service bay and the official smart service guy was johnny on the spot with a brand new shifter assy installed in under 30 minutes!

SHAZAM!

Just for that I am not going to complain about the next five problems I encounter.

Oh, and I also want to express my gratitude on behalf of the great state of Texas. If Oklahoma didn't suck, Texas would fall in the Gulf of Mexico and drown. :D

who's your dealer? Car that is.;]
My car dealer is smartcentersanantonio on IH-10 at Heubner road which is pronounced "****-ner" (the road, not the dealer).

My other dealer is Larry Morton. He is the one that lives at 2735 Carrington blvd, Apartment #7 where he is not growing anything in his closet and definitely DOES NOT keep his dope in his shower curtian rod no matter what lots of expensive surveillance equipment may seem to indicate.

Larry burned you on that last bag .??....

too funny busting him out like that

now off to find a rag to get coffee off the screen n keyboard... butt head... I think this is third time you hosed up the 'tronics snake

So what's the consensus... Is it the newer one piece shifter or the older two piece shifter that is locking up? It seems build date is irrelavant. :confused: Mine is 01/08 build date and I feel that I'm just waiting my turn for the dreaded shift lock up. :( Just a thought... Are these replacement shift boxes just a "patch" or has the problem really been fixed?

My car dealer is smartcentersanantonio on IH-10 at Heubner road which is pronounced "****-ner" (the road, not the dealer).

My other dealer is Larry Morton. He is the one that lives at 2735 Carrington blvd, Apartment #7 where he is not growing anything in his closet and definitely DOES NOT keep his dope in his shower curtian rod no matter what lots of expensive surveillance equipment may seem to indicate.
good to have you back in the fold:D
karl

I had trouble tonight trying to shift into Park. I kept trying and trying and finally it went into Park. Now my key will not come out of the ignition. It will turn from I to II but not all the way counterclockwise so that I can remove the key. Also, I can not start it in Park. The Engine & Steering Wheel Light stay on.

Anyone else having this trouble?

Hopefully nobody will steal the car, the key is in the ignition, until I can get it back to the dealer.
I have a 2009 and took the battery out today to put in a new one. My key is in ignition and like yours, only goes to I or II. But I’m not worried about anyone steeling it.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.