Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have problem with key where the buttons fall off - which then prevent you from activating door lock/unlock without using a toothpick or other object... Clearly, a defective manufacturing process - contacted dealer - haven't heard back yet...:(

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
My lock button is on the verge of falling off. It seems the rubber membrane connecting the button to the rest of the key fob is a bit thin and prone to breakage from repeated use. It should be reparable with an adhesive that works on rubber (assuming it hasn't already fallen off and gotten lost).

·
Registered
833 Posts
Mine did the same thing about a month before, my key hangs from my belt and the lock button got knocked off. The dealer didn't have a clue how to fix it short of ordering new keys. I found that a BB fits the spot perfect. On top of the BB I put some foam I tore off the koozie holding my beer. I wrapped the key with narrow strips of black vinyl (pvc tape would work too) And now it works as good as before.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Happened to me, got it replaced by the dealer. If this does happen to you, bring both keys to the dealer because if not they will deactivate the one you don't bring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts