Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few styling changes as compared to the new 2014 gas powered version...

Production-Ready All-Electric Soul EV Spotted | Kia Blog :: 2014 Kia News

"Spied today in Kansas City, Missouri was the forth-coming Kia Soul electric vehicle, which has been caught during the automaker’s photo shoot. Kia engineers have put the new Soul EV through extensive testing program in South Korea, while these latest spy shots suggest that the automaker is now gearing up for the vehicle media promotion, only days ahead of its official launch at the Chicago Motor Show."

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
A Kia Soul without hamsters has no soul. :shrug:

Bring on those hamsters doing the electric slide . . . :spots:

·
17,371 Posts
Mercedes camera car. :D

Looks like KIA will be an exciting display this year...

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
glad another car company is putting an out an EV, but its not one i'd want...
If it gets the range they're talking about at a reasonable price and is available outside of CA, I may have to consider replacing my current Soul with one. The smart ED can't handle my commute, but this might and there's a local dealer.

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
Previously not a fan of the Soul, this could get some EV "tire kickers" into Kia showrooms and cause some headaches for the Nissan Leaf?

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Previously not a fan of the Soul, this could get some EV "tire kickers" into Kia showrooms and cause some headaches for the Nissan Leaf?
That's what I was thinking. The Leaf would be the most likely direct competitor and if Kia delivers on what has been promised (range, features) and keeps their traditional value oriented price, it could be a big headache for Nissan.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wonder what "B" gear is for...
Some way of controlling the level of regenerative brake charging maybe?

Find out at the Chicago show and give us your first hand report! And, make sure your report covers any MSRP hints and if it will be available nationwide, hint, hint... :nerd:

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
More info. Kinda like the two tone look. Looks like the real world range is going to be 80-100 miles and not available nationwide. Dang it. I really wanted it to be more like 120 for a little more cushion and available in WV. Although my relatively low speed commute may not be as hard on the range as a freeway commute and I can regen on the down slope side of the hills. Still interested when a local dealer gets it...

The 2015 Kia Soul EV Looks Like A Soul, Except It's Electric

·
17,371 Posts
Go on Friday I said, you'll be there with every other journalist, I said... :)

Still nothing on that "B" gear...that's ALL mine! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts