Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In Sep, I bought my 2008 smart passion. LOVE it! Though, couple disappointments with previous owner. We love it so much, just this past Friday, we traded in our 2010 Town & Country Limited van for a 2012 smart. In a few weeks, we'll be trading in the 2008 for a new smart. It's pretty cool that this turned our single-car garage into a two-car one! (end-to-end really IS a viable arrangement).
Anyway, I do have a question (after the explanation). I'm one of the laziest people I know, and haven't personally washed a car but maybe a half-dozen times in the last 20 years; always easier to pay someone else. But, I'm kind of put off by the last place that detailed my van, so I'm asking for recommendations for products to do this myself, to keep my smarts looking & feeling new, inside and out (leather seats, btw).
Anyone have some good ideas for me, hopefully without TOO much ridicule for my being so far out of such loops . . . :wink:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Definitely do not spray cold water on a hot roof. The plastic roof gets crackled or crazed - nobody really knows why, but I think that the cold on hot wouldn't help much.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Welcome! Asking choices for cleaning products is about like asking about preferences of oil. Hot topic. For good middle of the road products I use MeGuires. Good stuff, been happily using there stuff for over 30 years. No complaints.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts