Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Mine is one of the more recent 450s and is a black/silver 2007 Passion City Coupe, purchased in November, 2006 in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I know a couple of people who own a 450, one is Leroy, he is registered here and lives in Kansas City, and the other I'm not sure if she or her husband post in this forum yet, I invited her to join us, she is a nice veterinarian from Topeka, KS.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not sure if it quite counts but I have an original MK1 1998 model, oldest known in England! Still trying to work out how to bring it to the US for any longer than a year without major mods!

I've got a 451 on order for the US though, delivery soon....

Kate

·
aka '24-42'
930 Posts
Dash Cover

I have a 2002 Scratch Black Smart Pulse. I'm located in orange county :D. Theres someone on my street with a lime green smart 450 with Mexico plates... I haven't seen it leave the driveway though
Did you have any problems with Ronald at Coverking ?

If you need any help or are going to be anywhere near the Rose bowl, PM, email or call. we can, at a minimum have coffee. I would like that.

Where are you located in Orange County ? I will do the same if I am in your area. Reply with your email and/or phone #.

Donald LaFavor [email protected], (818) 353-6540.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As a reminder, but only if you are interested, I can provide your relative DOT release number within the 1026 "450"s that are out there, if you can provide me the last 6 digits of your VIN#.

Ron Gaus, asmartcar.com
Ron--
Thanks for the offer. The last 6 digits are 235492. It is a "450" Passion Cabrio, but not sure if 2005 or 2006. We were told 2005, but to our knowledge, the color of ruby red metallic was only available on the 2006 models.

Here is photo: http://ravenwoodweb.com/images/default/Smartie_72ppi_web.jpg

Also, please add us to your "450" owner's list. Thanks!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Release # for 235492

Here's your release number, Ravenwood. It's a 2005. The 2006's started at about 256000.

235492: Release number 0106 for 2005 Cabrio's.

Ron

·
Registered
319 Posts
Release # for 235492

Here's your release number, Ravenwood. It's a 2005. The 2006's started at about 256000.

235492: Release number 0106 for 2005 Cabrio's.

Ron

·
Registered
306 Posts
ZAP cars?

Ron (rgaus),

Did you ever get release numbers from ZAP? I have one of the first cars they shipped out and inquired before from you for information, but you had none on the cars converted by G&K for ZAP.

Thanks...Tom

·
Registered
18 Posts
450 Medallions

As a reminder, but only if you are interested, I can provide your relative DOT release number within the 1026 "450"s that are out there, if you can provide me the last 6 digits of your VIN#.

Ron Gaus, asmartcar.com
We just received our medallions for our 2005 450 Passion Cabrio and - wow - are they beautiful. We thank Ron for making them possible and urge all to add them to your "Smartie". We spoke with Ron twice by phone and he was extremely pleasant and helpful - a real asset to the Smart world.

·
Registered
9 Posts
New 450 owner

I bought a used (8K) silver 2005 450 from The Green Car Company in Washington, which I had shipped to me here in Cleveland. I have driven it in the snow, sans snow tires and have enjoyed it more on snow-free roads. It is great fun. I see other Smarts around (a few, only), but am unaware of other 450s in the NE Ohio area.

Have others removed the foam covering the interior roof, clesned off the glue and been able to get sun shades from G & K? I called them and e-mailed them w/o reply.

Also, on low beam, should the driver side headlight level be noticably lower than the passenger side or need I realign them?

Thanks for any advice.
Michael

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi Micheal, Welcome to the world of smarts. By all means remove all the foam from the roof and posts. It is held with double stick tape. The foam is easy, the glue residue...not so much. The glass roof is great by the way.
I have heard that G&K is pretty much out of the smart world now a days but you can source a shade from most Canadian dealers, not cheap but it just snaps on the rail down the center of the roof.
The drivers side light should be slightly lower than the right side but not much. They are easy to adjust. You must pry the bezel off. Use a flat screwdriver wrapped in a soft cloth. There is a clip in each corner and it comes off forward rather than upward. The plastic does deform some but springs right back. Just make sure you protect the paint with a soft cloth. With the bezel off you can see the adjusting screws one on top and one on the side. Remove the four metal clips and put them on the bezel, if you leave them on the car they will fall off when you reinstall the bezel. Just push the bezel with clips back into place.

Cheers, Dan

·
Registered
673 Posts
We just received our medallions for our 2005 450 Passion Cabrio and - wow - are they beautiful. We thank Ron for making them possible and urge all to add them to your "Smartie". We spoke with Ron twice by phone and he was extremely pleasant and helpful - a real asset to the Smart world.
What do you mean by medallions, Ravenwood?

21 - 40 of 192 Posts