Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a pair of these for the rear. $46 each. With taxes and shipping the total was $122. Going to have them installed next week.
I was going to try to stretch my current ones until the fall, but decided not to risk it, as the current ones are at the wear bars. Don't need the aggravation of a flat.
I think it was a decent deal. Anyone out there ever have these tires? if so, are they any good?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I installed them all the way around. Very happy! Much quieter than the Contis and the car handles well (as usual). BTW, I installed them about 9 months ago.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I just bought a pair of these for the rear. $46 each. With taxes and shipping the total was $122. Going to have them installed next week.
I was going to try to stretch my current ones until the fall, but decided not to risk it, as the current ones are at the wear bars. Don't need the aggravation of a flat.
I think it was a decent deal. Anyone out there ever have these tires? if so, are they any good?
Where did you find a deal like that? Tire Rack is the cheapest I've found, and they want $72 ea for the rears!

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
How do they perform in heavy rain? I swear by the Blizzak snow tires better in the rain than the standered Conti's.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
I thought the Conti's performed quite well through rain... but poorly in snow, while the Kumho's are a little worse in rain but better through snow, and the Blizzaks better at everything else except dry driving... just opinions of mine...

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,076 Posts
I don't have that particular model, but I have no complaints with my 185/55 Kumho Ecsta 4x tires. Just rotated them recently and they appear to be wearing well after 15K miles. This was my first experience with Kumho and I didn't know what to expect, but have been pleased so far.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sounds like i should be fine with these tires. I will only put about 6-7K miles on them by the time my lease is up and i have to turn the car in, so i should be fine.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Tire rack sells the Kumho Solus KH16 for $72 each.
I bought the Kumho ECSTA KH11.
I got them at tires-easy.com
Kumho ECSTA KH11 175/55R15 77T BSW BSW - tires-easy.com
Thanks, I realized that after I posted. I've read a couple of contradictory posts on the KH11's. Tire-easy.com says they are summer tires, but one other said they were all season. What are they marked? They tread looks pretty large & blocky like they are a summer tire, which won't work for me in Northern Indiana...

I've been happy with my KH16's, but I will definitely need new ones before the snow flies again...:wink:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, I realized that after I posted. I've read a couple of contradictory posts on the KH11's. Tire-easy.com says they are summer tires, but one other said they were all season. What are they marked? They tread looks pretty large & blocky like they are a summer tire, which won't work for me in Northern Indiana...

I've been happy with my KH16's, but I will definitely need new ones before the snow flies again...:wink:
They are not marked M+S. I checked a few sites and they are listed as summer/performance tires. No problem for me since a have a set of Blizzaks ready to go on this fall. I just needed something with tread to get me through the summer, and these were a good deal from what i can see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts