Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I didn't know much about Kumho tire until I started researching a set of tires for Lifted AWD Astro Van. Read ton of reviews, watched a ton of videos on youtube, talked to a couple tire shops. Ultimately I went with the Road Venture AT51 for the van. Awesome tire, low tire whine for an aggressive tread, and wear has been minimal and even. So that being said it got me thinking about what to throw on my 451 passion. Did a little reading tons of tires for the rears of these nothing that showed any merit over the stock Conti's. I then did a little more research and picked up 4 rear Pure steelies, had them powder coated black and threw on a set of triangle center caps from Smart Madness with a set of Kumho ECSTA PA31's. What a difference obviously the car handles better as the front tires are now of normal size, whoever thought that a 4'' tread width was acceptable for cars in this era was out of their mind, but lets move beyond the handling improvements from the wider front stance. The quality of this tire compared to the stock Conti's is 100% better. Quieter, smoother, and the car actually has traction in the rain and can I say that the price is substantially lower then the Conti's. I'm sold on Kumho tires I was a firm user of Cooper and BFG up to this point. I now have to procure to more Pure steelies for the front of the wife's 451 Pure to do the change over on her car. Also anyone interested in 4 Passion 12 spokes factory wheels let me know. They will go cheap as 1 rear is bent and the other 3 are pretty beat up finish wise. Car came from NYC and believe the previous owner didn't understand that you need to wash the wheels when you wash the car. Through in a couple pics for all you out there.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts