Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any Of the tech savvy members know if the tridion configuration will allow for a lambo door conversion without compromising the cell integrity ? :smartje.zw.zw:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do any Of the tech savvy members know if the tridion configuration will allow for a lambo door conversion without compromising the cell integrity ? :smartje.zw.zw:
LOL... Do you actually want more attention to the car than you are getting?

The doors are huge and I know that the hinges absorb some of the impact, I would leave as is but that's just me...

If you do it, post pics...

·
Registered
925 Posts
Don't know if there is enough room to put in the mechanism necessary for such a door.

Btw, just noted one of the advertisers on this forum (I don't know if it is randomly generated) advertising "scissor doors". lol

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
I am in the show scene on a regular basis. I want to be honest with you and to save you time. The Lambo door kits are played out or should I say not in style. I love them too but that moment for them is over for now. Only exception is on exotic cars that are equipped with them stock.

If you want to be different try to find something else on the SMART to modify. You still can make it different.

·
Registered
105 Posts
the lsd looks great on smart roadsters, but every kit we've seen on 42's in the past looked terrible!
not only the quality of this things is low-end...

with doors open a 42 looks like an african elephanthead - very big ears. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Read a lot of stuff and talked to allot of companies about the doors… The only kits available are all basic weld on except one (that I can find)… I just got set up with the company to resale to the U.S…. If anyone is interested in them let me know… Kit is a bolt on kit with a life time warranty, available for a power upgrade to fully auto… Suicide and gull wing doors also…

·
Registered
62 Posts
As with any car its about what the owner likes... Owning a Smart as long as I have, its run the full range from "Oh my God I would never drive something like that!" to "I have to have one of those!" Dogging someone because "you" dont like what they like, is just stupid. I personally don't like the yellow Smarts but I would never rag on someone because they do if its what they like. There are alot of people that dont like my Harley Smart, I'm the one that has to drive it and I like. Thats what matters. Wonderful thing about living in the U.S. is that we don't have to do, or not do, just because someone else dosnt think it looks good.

Guess you missed the part where your parents said. "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

That's all I have to say about that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts