Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's your chance to show off your 'smart Pride'!

Which group/chapter/etc has had the largest turnout for a smart meet? I was just wondering 'where', 'when' and 'how many' (smart vehicles ONLY, please:)).

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
For the rallies I have had, 25 cars was the largest group in Iowa. But...with the Midwest Rally approaching at the Dells we could top 100 cars.

For how far each dealership is here versus in Florida...I think we are representing pretty good.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Here's your chance to show off your 'smart Pride'!

Which group/chapter/etc has had the largest turnout for a smart meet? I was just wondering 'where', 'when' and 'how many' (smart vehicles ONLY, please:)).
Big Panda,
A small correction, I put together the Orlando event as coordinator of Central Florida smart Cars with the Dealership and we ended up with 207 privately owned smart cars there during the 4 and 1/2 hour event. We caravaned to a nearby location at the end of the day and staged the cars that remained and took a panoramic photo. In that picture are 122 smart cars that stayed for the Photo shoot.

I think the key to the big turnout is: A central location, lots of activities, great weather and marketing the event very aggressively. We planned and announced the event over two months in advance, we used the dealers e-mail list to ensure we contacted every owner in the area and we sent multiple invitations out every two weeks to generate interest and enthusiasm.

I think the Midwest event this summer will be a great event.

We are holding a cruise in and mod show here in Central Florida in May on a Saturday and we have 80 smart cars registered for that event. Again we have a lot of activities planned, some great door prizes etc.

Best of luck on whatever you may plan!

·
Registered
338 Posts
kwagar,

As the time for the Old Towne cruise in on Saturday, May 2nd at Kissimmiee, Florida draws nearer will you be posting more information about planned activities? Seems to been rather quite in here lately about this...Thanks, Linda and Nick

·
Registered
973 Posts
kwagar,

As the time for the Old Towne cruise in on Saturday, May 2nd at Kissimmiee, Florida draws nearer will you be posting more information about planned activities? Seems to been rather quite in here lately about this...Thanks, Linda and Nick
Linda and Nick,
Yes, I will send an e-mail directly to you late this week or early next week with final details and will try to update with a post here as well.

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts