Smart Car of America Forum banner

901 - 920 of 928 Posts

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Any EV, is a niche vehicle to me. EV vehicles are here to stay.

Tesla Model 3, December 2018 25,250 units were sold. Total for 2018 year. 139,782 units.

Nissan Leaf EV, 14,715 units sold 2018.

Both these vehicles are offered across the country. The smart car EV isn’t. There really isn’t a need for city cars here. The nearest smart dealership to me is 550 miles away. Each direction. Denver, or Chicago. Not convenient.

There’s a new 2020 Kia Soul EV being introduced. Range of over 230 miles. On a single charge. If I’m going to go EV route, and lease. Practicality and range is on my list. Sale, maintance, and service, nationwide too. I have a 3 car garage, parking not a issue.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That is sad. It is a better car than that, but 70 mile EV range is a joke; especially with no quick charge option. The gas model is already considered a niche vehicle, and this EV is a niche of a niche.

I'm a fan of the gas 453, but the EV version would need 100 miles of range to excite me, not like that would really help sales much at all. I think people just don't see the value in the car itself in the US be it the gas or EV version...this coming from someone on their 3rd EV already (2 Leafs and a Fiat 500e).

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Usually after the holidays, and taxe returns. Automotive sales increase. People have paid off their credit card bill, from the holidays.

901 - 920 of 928 Posts