Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Smart and I'm having problems with water leaking into the rear hutch. When I open the rear window water gushes down the left side and trickles right into the hutch. It must be collecting because it happens even when the weather is dry. Very annoying! Especially now that my extended warranty just expired… I called the dealer in Denver and was told that it is a common problem; they have been drilling holes in the window area to get the water to drain out.. is this something I could do myself? My boyfriend is a carpenter!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Leaking Water in Hutch

Thanks for replying so fast! I just drilled the holes..should rain today..can't wait to see the results! You are a great resource for questions..How often do you change your oil? I've got only 37,200 miles on my 2008 Smart Passion. Last changed oil on my 30,000 mile tune-up.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for replying so fast! I just drilled the holes..should rain today..can't wait to see the results! You are a great resource for questions..How often do you change your oil? I've got only 37,200 miles on my 2008 Smart Passion. Last changed oil on my 30,000 mile tune-up.
I change oil every 2000 miles (each year)

Watch out for high curbs. They will break up the plastic skid plate and puncture holes in the radiator and AC. All I heard was a scraping sound but it cost $2000 to get it fixed. I was very upset that they did not weld the tanks or the plastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts