Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called today and was given the following information

The leather seats are all leather seating area, There is no cloth in the seat back.

If your dealers show room is not ready for the January opening, it will not delay your delivery date. You will be sent to the nearest dealer that has a showroom etc, that meets standards.

This is from the people at the 800 number.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ask for supervisor, verify.

photos i've seen, looks like leather borders on backs, but the center of backs are something else, either a different type of leather, or cloth.

i have received various false information from both staff, and supervisors, at smart 800. less so, from supervisors.

and dash? leather or cloth?
Feel free to follow up and be a second source

·
Registered
564 Posts
Leather Seats

Here's an official picture from the Daimler media website of a US-spec car with leather seats:

As you can see, the center of the seat back is cloth (just as it is in all three of the Designer options), the remaining areas are leather.

From other pictures on the site, the rest of the cabin appears to be identical to the Designer Black interior. The dash and inner door panels are finished in black cloth.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Leather Seats

I wrote smart USA and asked the following.

I have noticed that all the pictures I can find of the black leather interion make it look like they are either two tone of have a cloth insert in the seat back.

Is there a cloth insert in the seat back and if not is the leather the same color and texture of the rest of the seating area.

Here is the response from smart USA

Dear smart Enthusiast, The smart fortwo leather seats are entirely leather and the same tone. If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us via email or by phone at 1.800.smartusa. Thank you for your interest in smart USA. You will be hearing from us soon! Jamilette Serna Customer Service www.smartusa.com 1.800.smartusa

I certainly hope she is correct and if not I will let Mr. Penske know

·
Registered
275 Posts
There must be only one person working at the custumer service center. I have sent two letters and both of them were replied to by Jamilette Serna.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I sure hope the folks at the smart customer service center know what their talking about. I'd be sure to keep a copy of that email. :)

Here's a really detailed picture of the leather seats from the Brabus:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I sure hope the folks at the smart customer service center know what their talking about. I'd be sure to keep a copy of that email. :)
Will keep a copy. Also I have noticed that in a number of cases "specialty" models have suede or cloth in the seat bottom and back so I would bet that the regular car is all leather (I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE)

Thanks for the great picture

·
Registered
564 Posts
That is very true. I particularly liked the tan leather seats in the Limited Edition One. I'd be checking that box for sure if it was an option on our smarts.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on yours. Only another six months or so to wait! :eek:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is very true. I particularly liked the tan leather seats in the Limited Edition One. I'd be checking that box for sure if it was an option on our smarts.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on yours. Only another six months or so to wait! :eek:
My dealer said he thought the car would be delivered in Jan. or Feb. My thinking is middle to late March

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Micronut, the picture of the leather seats posted are the Brabus leather seats. There is a "B" embossed on the headrest. The picture in the canadian brochure doesn't have the "B".

·
Registered
564 Posts
Micronut, the picture of the leather seats posted are the Brabus leather seats.
Yes, I know. That's why I wrote: "Here's a really detailed picture of the leather seats from the Brabus" above the photo.

Manufacturers tend to keep things simple to keep costs down. I suspect that the Passion optional leather seats and the Brabus leather seats differ only in the Brabus "B" logo. The photo in the Canadian brochure and the photo above appear to show essentially identical seats, aside from said logo. Both have cloth inserts at the center.

However, there is still the possibility that the US leather seats will be different. This information comes from the smart USA customer service center. The same people who, I just read on another thread, state with authority that: "Your confirmation has nothing to do with when you have placed your reservation"....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts