Smart Car of America Forum banner

1301 - 1307 of 1307 Posts

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Reading some of the previous posts brings this to mind...
Remember when:
we had full service gas stations
milk was delivered to your door
we didn't have computers
people talked face to face (now text)
life wasn't so hectic and complex

Yep, progress...:(

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Reading some of the previous posts brings this to mind...
Remember when:
we had full service gas stations
milk was delivered to your door
we didn't have computers
people talked face to face (now text)
life wasn't so hectic and complex

Yep, progress...:(
And gas was 25¢ a gallon :D

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
HGB, my friend owns a company that builds Rock cutting and polishing machines. Some are very large. He used to have everything shipped by UPS but the amount of damaged items became to much. He now uses Fed ex. However, recently he shipped a bunch of machine to a show. When he got there almost all were damaged. The problem was the machines went through the local dock workers and when they saw the it was a non union Fed ex shipment, they went out of their way to damage them. He was incensed and couldn't do anything about it. On the other hand I have known my UPS guy for years and he goes out of his way to jump my fence when I forget to unlock it and place the packages where no one else can get to them.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
FWIW, my wife works @ UPS and is one of those women that listens to complaints all day long... Last time I checked she doesn't live offshore or fly to work...One thing I can tell you, cussing out a woman on the phone is not going to help solve your issue... I have heard just about every story imaginable and for the most part people are very cruel to people that are there to help rectify your issue...I'm not saying UPS if perfect or Fedex for that matter... But try to be a little more civil to people you talk to on the phone..Things tend to work out a little better when you do...:wink:

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
I had to put Gurgie my 01 Audi TT roadster into storage yesterday. For those who live in the North East you are familiar with the term "Winter Beater". Well since moving to FL and spending the summers on the road in NE Gurgie has become my "Summer Beater". It still makes me a little sad when I pull the battery and close the storage facility's door. I won't be using him until next summer. On the bright side my wife and I are heading home to Max our 08 smart carbio and AJ oure Fiat 500 carbio. Looking forward to driving both soon.

1301 - 1307 of 1307 Posts