Smart Car of America Forum banner
61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
I like those angel eyes and the rubber thing hanging from the front lower grill. How hard to install the angel eyes?
The angel eyes were a challenge. Removing the the lens requires removing the clips, heating the housing, separating the lens from the adhesive, removing screws, drilling a hole for the wires, and finally the wiring. It took a solid day, not including the painting. Patience is definitely needed.

The rubber on the bottom of the front air dam is an All-Fit bumper lip. It went in easily and is attached with adhesive and screws. I added the body kit to aid in aerodynamics, minimize the Smart being blown around in heavy winds and help a few MPG more. So far so good.

·
Registered
2008 451
75 Posts
The angel eyes were a challenge. Removing the the lens requires removing the clips, heating the housing, separating the lens from the adhesive, removing screws, drilling a hole for the wires, and finally the wiring. It took a solid day, not including the painting. Patience is definitely needed.

The rubber on the bottom of the front air dam is an All-Fit bumper lip. It went in easily and is attached with adhesive and screws. I added the body kit to aid in aerodynamics, minimize the Smart being blown around in heavy winds and help a few MPG more. So far so good.
Well. Won't be doing that.

·
Registered
Smart fortwo 451. 2012 petrol
19 Posts
View attachment 68155
Still without exhaust tips and these wheels will come off shortly. The plan is to have them carbon fiber dipped and put back on next spring with a wider rear tire. But that baby had a great 2021 driving season.
WOW! Now this is stunning! Love the red accents, and that mid rear Spoiler 😍 totally awesome.

61 - 80 of 103 Posts