Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great time at the smart Nationals in Deadwood, and figured as long as I was that far west might as well keep going. The car had 44,300+ miles on it when we left for Deadwood on June 11th, and 50,585 when it pulled into the garage on July 1st.

Left Deadwood on June 17th, headed for a visit with friends near Great Falls, MT. Stopped for the night in Billings, MT.

Crossing Montana

Little Bighorn Battlefield National Park outside Billings

Took a trip the next morning to the Pictograph State Park near Billings

Then on to Vaughn, MT

:)

·
Super Moderator
28,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Took a tour of the Great Falls, MT area the next day and visited a few sites connected to the Lewis and Clark Expedition

Had a good visit with friends from Wright-Patterson AFB days and then headed for the Portland, OR area, via Spokane, WA.

From Spokane, south down to the Columbia River and the scenic drive along Washington State Highway 14 (a Lewis and Clark Trail)

Mount Shasta

Another Stonehenge replica

·
Super Moderator
28,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After an overnight visit near Vancouver, WA, it was off to Astoria, OR and the drive down the coast on Highway 101.

Lewis and Clark column in Astoria

Found another smart owner at this Astoria cafe

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
I really enjoyed the pictures. It looks like you turned a good trip into a great trip. Many of the pictures are suitable for framing. You make me want to take the trip. But the wife would never travel THAT far in our Fortwo, it would just be too uncomfortable....And the motorhome is too big and uses too much gas......so what does that leave me for choices? Our Kia Forte........ lol (But the April rally in Ohio? I think that's been arranged !! And Max is excited... DCO

·
Registered
253 Posts
Into California

Beale AFB near Marysville, CA

On the way to Utah

Quick trip to the Bonneville Salt Flats

A "bucket list" stop

Smog outside Salt Lake City

Another mandatory stop

Back home in Ohio
Great pics. Living in Idaho have done just about the same trip. Thanks Much. p.s. as a 2cv6 owner got a kick out of your license plate!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts