Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought. There are some of us out here, ie. me, that do not exactly have stable jobs. Sometimes I have more, and sometimes less. Just a thought for the owners of this forum: Make a lifetime membership available with a one time fee. I'd probably purchase one....

Thank you for considering!

·
Registered
663 Posts
ummm, OK...so now I'm feeling really dumb and guilty because I didn't even know I was supposed to be paying a membership. I'm sure its on the forum somewhere. I'll go look. But gotta say, how have I been posting for the last three years or so. Wierd

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ummm, OK...so now I'm feeling really dumb and guilty because I didn't even know I was supposed to be paying a membership. I'm sure its on the forum somewhere. I'll go look. But gotta say, how have I been posting for the last three years or so. Wierd
There's a paid member only section. Most areas are available for the free membership. More PM storage, larger attachment, and I think something with the avatar... Some forums have the lifetime option, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. :)

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,395 Posts
If I remember correctly, annual membership is $15.00. It may have only been $10.00 when I first joined. Some forums I am on, show a "10 or 15 year membership" badge under your avatar. The Corvette forum comes to mind. I have been on there for a little over 12 years. This smart forum is the only one I am a paid member of. :)

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about a free lifetime membership to everyone with ten or more years of paid membership?
(For some reason in my head in the middle of the night I remember asking about this before. I don't want to press my luck and agree with you. That is a lot of money invested already. The lifetime membership on Mercedes-Benz Forum is $87.99 as of a few seconds ago.)

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I remember correctly, annual membership is $15.00. It may have only been $10.00 when I first joined. Some forums I am on, show a "10 or 15 year membership" badge under your avatar. The Corvette forum comes to mind. I have been on there for a little over 12 years. This smart forum is the only one I am a paid member of. :)
This is true, $15 is quite reasonable if you split it into 12 months, but a payment plan is irritating to me, especially when my job depends on an 80 year old, who's getting old....

It's kind of like satellite radio. Early on you had to pay to get the radio, so I wouldn't. Then it started coming with cars built in. I'd only get a lifetime subscription if they let me.....

Those of us who have been here since 2007 should be *paid* for the sanity we bring to the asylum. ;)
Or charged for the insanity! :shrug: (Did you ever get the part numbers for the Euro colors? The free EPC still allows me to pull up smarts, at least as of a few days ago when I checked. I'm on the last 30 some days I have left now. (How come I get the feeling this is how it feels to be on death row.) Sadly, it is no longer free, for those of us who weren't wise enough to renew for free indefinitely, it seems.)

Sanity? Guess I need to step up my game?

Now where is nurse Ratchet with my meds?
Oh boy.... I'll keep my mouth shut... (But my fingers will still type. >:D )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts