Smart Car of America Forum banner

lift glass latch cover removal?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ElementalDragon 
#1 ·
I just have to ask... hopefully someone might have some insight on the situation. I've been wanting to install a backup camera in my 453 for some time now. Bought one about 2 weeks or so ago, and have been trying to get it installed in the rear panel of the tailgate. Only problem is that i can't seem to figure out how to take the cover off of the latch for the lift glass so that i can get to the final screw holding the rear panel onto the tailgate. I've tried pulling, pushing down on it when the tailgate is open, i've tried sticking something into the gap made by pushing down on it to try to pull up on the plastic tab that is then visible.... just does not seem to want to come off.

Any insight? This is the piece in question. I've asked my (former) brand manager if he could ask around, and he found me some info from the service department, but it only said TO take the piece off... not HOW to do so.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.