Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

I lifted my 2013 Smart ForTwo ED Electric Drive Smart Car. I used a kit from littlebigsupply. There is still much work to do to finish. I plan to add Brush Bars, Driving lights and LED whip antennas. Maybe a Roof Rack too. It drives so much better with the higher profile tires. The speedometer is off, but I use NAV map MPH for speed. Being Electric, the acceleration has not suffered much. Still will go 80mph with ease, even though it is not recommended. LOL I will try to remember to update as I get more completed. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks really nice. Did it require any fender cutting?
Yes, There was lots of cutting involved. Fenders are plastic so pretty easy. But the sheet metal behind the front tires was a little more work. The biggest challenge is cutting the right shape, smoothly so it looks nice. Being that my car is Black, it is a little more forgiving if there are imperfections..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Really nice! I'm in the planning stages to do the same thing. I will buy a Fortwo in a couple of years. I'm designing my own front/rear tube bumpers now in 3D CAD.
I've ordered tow-eye adapters 2 different times from Ebay so I can build/mount my bumpers, but both times they sent the wrong ones. Have lights ready to go. Just trying to figure out the tow-eye adapters now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
With these 2 to 3 inch lifts they commonly use 15 x 7 UTV wheels and 205 or 215/75 tires. They're about 28" OD.
LITTLE BIG SUPPLY has the details and he also has an Instagram with lots of info.
I have 15x7 wheels with 215/70R15 tires on mine (slightly smaller diameter then little-big does) but a tiny bit easier for clearance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've ordered tow-eye adapters 2 different times from Ebay so I can build/mount my bumpers, but both times they sent the wrong ones. Have lights ready to go. Just trying to figure out the tow-eye adapters now.
Do you have a link for that item? I started with LilBiggie's sketches that I found on Instagram and added some angled tubing to the ends. I have not found any info yet on mounting. He uses horz. tube w/.625 +/- ID to mount.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you have a link for that item? I started with LilBiggie's sketches that I found on Instagram and added some angled tubing to the ends. I have not found any info yet on mounting. He uses horz. tube w/.625 +/- ID to mount.
I ended up ordering the 4 tow-eye adapters from littlebigsupply. They are always helpful and knowledgeable. Not sure why I didn't do this before. A metalworker friend of mine is fabricating bumpers for mine. Don't have a design laid out yet. I will work around the mounts and lights I have to install in them. Keeping it simple. I'll post photos when it comes to fruition..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Adapters and wheels come from littlebigsupply. It did need to be re-alligned. Drives great now. Range is a little less, but only really drive in town so It's not a problem. I can drive about 50 miles before charging. But that is beyond what I need for this car. Sometimes I drive up to the car show that is farther, but I just stop and charge wile I'm having lunch. It's all part of the fun. Most of the bolts on the wheel are for appearance, not functional.... The bolts that hold the wheels on are 4x156 I think. Adapters are 3x112 to 4x156 (pretty sure this is correct).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts