Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I am interested in the front install. Some pics would be very helpful, Thanks for posting and keeping us updated.

·
Registered
105 Posts
for the front install you want easy access to the top of the tower struts, not necessary but makes the job real easy, this is the best video I have seen on removing the front end. Make careful note on how they remove the lower skirts and which process to avoid breaking the clips

more to follow as I get up today and work on removing the struts

·
Registered
105 Posts
above is the car lifted with both the front and rear springs from a 2015 ed vehicle as posted above from eBay.

there is a 7/8" difference in height from front to rear with the rear being higher.

the above picture is with the Continental 185/65/15 tires which give an overall diameter of 24.5 inches.

now oddly enough the speedo which always read under, is now dead on, according to radar reading signs posted on street which shows your actual speed. this means there was an 8.5% correction necessary for the speedo to be accurate.

ride with new springs and larger tires are now similar to other vehicles I have owned.

only took 4 different sized tires and rims to get here, now to correct the offset spacing that was originally on the car

21 - 24 of 24 Posts