Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I wrote an email this morning to my dealer in Laguna Niguel:

Stacey and Mark, first I'd like to thank you for your continued support of my various pleas for information. I realize I have become somewhat of a pest to the both of you and you have been nothing but polite. However, impatience aside, your dealership did give me a 30 day notice that in most cases would be considered a window of which 30 was the maximum number of days I would wait. My guess is that original number was arrived at with the notion that most cars would be delivered within the first two weeks but that all stragglers would be delivered within the 30 days.
I know that your pool of info is limited, and I believe there is only so much that you can control but I am asking for your help in locating exactly where my vehicle is. I don't expect this should be too difficult as, although you may not have immediate access to it, I believe that you may have some way of getting this info from PAG.
Again, I am grateful for your cheery support and I hope that you can supply me with something that will give me the patience to wait even longer...

XXXX XXXX
Eager owner

Right after lunch I got a call from Mark. He had gotten a hold of the regional manager and my car is in port with the last shipment of "January cars". Apparently they are behind schedule. I'm just glad to hear that it didn't get thrown overboard on the way over here. ;) He said they promised it would be delivered to the dealer next Tuesday or Wednesday.
I'll keep you all posted.:smartje.bl.zw:

·
Registered
499 Posts
All cars on hold!!!!!!

So, I wrote an email this morning to my dealer in Laguna Niguel:

Stacey and Mark, first I'd like to thank you for your continued support of my various pleas for information. I realize I have become somewhat of a pest to the both of you and you have been nothing but polite. However, impatience aside, your dealership did give me a 30 day notice that in most cases would be considered a window of which 30 was the maximum number of days I would wait. My guess is that original number was arrived at with the notion that most cars would be delivered within the first two weeks but that all stragglers would be delivered within the 30 days.
I know that your pool of info is limited, and I believe there is only so much that you can control but I am asking for your help in locating exactly where my vehicle is. I don't expect this should be too difficult as, although you may not have immediate access to it, I believe that you may have some way of getting this info from PAG.
Again, I am grateful for your cheery support and I hope that you can supply me with something that will give me the patience to wait even longer...

XXXX XXXX
Eager owner

Right after lunch I got a call from Mark. He had gotten a hold of the regional manager and my car is in port with the last shipment of "January cars". Apparently they are behind schedule. I'm just glad to hear that it didn't get thrown overboard on the way over here. ;) He said they promised it would be delivered to the dealer next Tuesday or Wednesday.
I'll keep you all posted.:smartje.bl.zw:
Got call from my dealer today saying delivery in the next 48 to 60 days. My car has been in port since Jan 28th. dealer said all cars are on hold until inspected for "Safety Issues" aka shifter moduals!!!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got call from my dealer today saying delivery in the next 48 to 60 days. My car has been in port since Jan 28th. dealer said all cars are on hold until inspected for "Safety Issues" aka shifter moduals!!!!
Thanks for the info GiantKiller. I am going to hope that he wasn't blowing smoke and I'll be getting it Tuesday or Wednesday, as promised.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts