Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once in a while when I'm waiting for my kid to get done with practice and I'm idling in Park, with the fan on, the lights will dim for a second then brighten back up. Running fine but I'm a little worried. Could I need a new battery? Or a problem with the fan?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would go to an autocrats store and have them check your charging system. I had a similar issue with a different vehicle of mine and it turned out to be a bad cell in the battery.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have only had the car for 9 months. It's a 2013 so I'm assuming it has the original battery.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Probably so mine was a 2008 I got in 2017 and just changed out the original in 2018 those batteries aren’t exposed to the elements I think that’s why they hold up so long. Do you have a scanguage so you can see what your alternator is putting out?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No scanguage. I'll bring it into an auto parts store and have them scan it. I'm going in for an oil change in a month or so, so I'll have them test stuff. I forgot to mention that I also have the dome light on when I notice this problem. Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts