Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My smart was rear-ended this evening (less than two hours ago). I yielded to merge into traffic. The car behind me didn't. It hurt, but no airbags deployed, so I am not sure how hard it really was.

The rear bumper cover has an impression of the bar underneath it. Otherwise, I see no external damage. I was able to drive away (and am now on the ferry on the way home). However, there are some new rattles in rear and right rear. Any idea what could be broken?

alan

P.S. Just got the car home. Drove the car about 4 miles since writing the above. On acceleration when the rear end squats, there is a growling noise seemingly from the rear center. There is another grinding/growling noise from somewhere around the right rear. A couple of times during the drive, in a turn, it feels like one of the right brakes was engaging briefly, while the yellow triangle flashed.

·
Registered
249 Posts
check your exhaust system something might be damage. glad you ok.
I too got rear ended needless to say this little fart is pretty tough. but im glad i get rear ended in my smartie than on my bike. that would really Suck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts