Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Little Blue and Sunshine would like to announce that due to circumstances beyond their control they are leaving their warm Texas home to live in the "frozen tundra":rolleyes: of Lincoln, Nebraska.:eek: Little Blue says that he loved the snowy roads and had fun testing out the ESP going up and around the curves in his new driveway.

Little Blue has already moved to Nebraska and is visiting friends while his owners went back to Beaumont to finish packing and to get Sunshine and Big Blue (pickup truck). He has asked for a warm coat for Christmas.:D

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
If your not in Oklahoma, or Texas anymore. Just one word, gets some of these puppies, snow tires. Or some chains.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
jsenka, It's not by choice but yes we are moving none the less. Jim and his boss decided in September that it would be best if Jim moved on. No other jobs in Jim's field here in Beaumont so it's off to Nebraska we go. It does have it's advantages. We'll be much closer to our grandkids.

smark, we already have snow tires. So that's not an issue, but thanks for the reminder.

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
I've lived in cold climates ... though not Nebraska. Given a choice between hot and cold, I'll take the cold. One can always wear more clothes, but public nudity will get you arrested and even that wouldn't give relief when it comes to Summer heat.

Yes, I'm well aware that I am living in the wrong place.

Wishing you and yours the best at your new home. :)

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Wife, and I love Omaha. Nice little city. Best Zoo, in the country too. Close to you. Good 4 hour drive North from us. Close to the same climate. Gets really hot, and really cold. Crazy weather up there. It will be sunny here. Rainy, and snowy there, as we drive up there. The original Nebraska Furniture Mart, has greats prices on everything. You guys will have fun living in Nebraska. Folks are really friendly there. Lots of big rusted cars. Not very many smarts, or any small cars.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,184 Posts
Best of luck to you both Jill. That's a plus to be nearer to your family. Try not to let that distance keep you from our more easterly events! April Fools and the Dragon wouldn't be the same! :)

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Or she sucks!!! Oops
The boss was a he and yes the whole situation over the summer wasn't good. Way too much stress.

Jim is excited about this new job and looking forward to it.

John, I still plan to be at April Fools and hopefully the Dragon with Jim. I'll be getting a job so that may interfere with some of my plans :eek: but I hope not. We are going to be at the Midwest Rally as well.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Almost ready for the move to Nebraska. Packing, packing and then more packing has been our life lately. :p
Anyone want to buy a great house with a really cool pool and covered back patio? :D

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The adventure continues. We got the second Uhaul load to Lincoln on Christmas Eve just in time to then make the 7 hr drive to our son's house in Colorado. Watching our 16 month old Granddaughter play on the slide we got her and pull the bows off all the packages was worth the long days of driving. Tomorrow it's back to Lincoln to unpack the Uhaul. Anyone want to come help on Friday. :D

Sunshine is still a Texas resident until we can get back down for the last & very small load. She is snuggled up in the garage w/ the little trailer.

BTW, if we ever have to move again I plan to have a big BBQ and all my SCOA friends are invited. You just have to help pack up the house before you get to eat the BBQ.:eek:

I hope that every one had a Fantastic Christmas.

·
Registered
154 Posts
LOVED Lincoln when we lived there (mid-90's); largest number of red cars per capita in the Nation -- GO HUSKERS!! ;-)

·
Registered
436 Posts
We're going to miss you down here in Texas; we did not know you nearly long enough. Go safe and live long.

Jim

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, when Little Blue announced he was moving to the "frozen tundra" of Nebraska the frozen tundra part was a joke. It wasn't supposed to be the truth. Minus nine is just too cold and yes I know that some of you have it much colder right now and we aren't talking windchill's. My blood is too thin for these temps. We even had to buy coats for our dogs.

We are liking Lincoln so far though we haven't been in residence very long. Shh!, Don't tell the residents that we aren't Husker fans.

Stay warm everyone. Jill

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We celebrated 1 year in Nebraska on Christmas Eve. It seems like we just arrived, the year has really flown by.

For Christmas Little Blue has worn his Santa Hat and we added a wreath this year. Little Blue also participated in the "Ugly Christmas Sweater" contest at work. I haven't heard what the outcome of the contest was but it was fun coming up with a "sweater" at the last minute. Some white furry material, red bows, blue bulbs, miniature Christmas stockings and some pins and you've got an ugly sweater.

Pictures later.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts