Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little problem with my car, when I change the gears feel a small jolt.
only when changing from 1st to 2nd and 3rd gear
and from 3rd to 4th and 5th there are no bumps
I read the procedure for adjusting the actuator clutch
here

do you feel that this adjustment can make smooth the change of gear?

my car has about 29,000 km

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have this car for more than a year, a month past I had this feeling, I saw that even when you make small movements during parking maneuvers feels when the clutch disengages and reengages

· Registered
338 Posts
I make the same assumption, but the "make contact then back off 3 marks" is apparently the process for installing a new actuator. It is supposed to be followed by the computerized teach-in. One poster seems to have had good outcome by doing the mechanical adjustment only but I've asked and no one else has had the same experience or at least they are not admitting to it.

· Registered
11,473 Posts
I make the same assumption, but the "make contact then back off 3 marks" is apparently the process for installing a new actuator. It is supposed to be followed by the computerized teach-in. One poster seems to have had good outcome by doing the mechanical adjustment only but I've asked and no one else has had the same experience or at least they are not admitting to it.
I had to change my clutch actuator about 8 months ago. Did it myself with a gently used one and because of the "adjustment" MY clutch is working better too :)

I noticed that my RPM's "at speed" have also lowered some leading me to believe that maybe it was starting to slip slightly (at 35K miles). My commute to work is a leisurely 45 MPH. I just set my 451 cruise and forget it! Before my actuator change, my RPM's were "about" 2350, now, after the actuator change it's about 2100 RPM :D

Go figure :rolleyes:

All this with NO computer "alignment"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.