Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went by today to pick up a Mercedes sticker for the smart (yeah, I know...) and found this in the service bay:

Asked for a test drive and when they stopped laughing they told me it was a customer's car. The Ohio economy must be in better shape than I thought. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
jwight

Went by today to pick up a Mercedes sticker for the smart (yeah, I know...) and found this in the service bay:

Asked for a test drive and when they stopped laughing they told me it was a customer's car. The Ohio economy must be in better shape than I thought. :rolleyes:
They had one similar to that one at the M-B dealership in South Charlotte on the floor. I think you can have it for $588,000.00 or at least that was what I was told. No wonder there was a "Please do not touch" sign located nearby.

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
From the MB page:

The new SLR Roadster blends Formula 1 motor-racing credentials with a fully retractable semi-automatic soft top for a whole new dimension in Gran Turismo Roadsters.

Powered by a supercharged 5.5 liter, 617-horsepower AMG V-8 engine, the SLR McLaren Roadster can achieve a top speed of 206 mph. Its full carbon-fiber monocoque, Swing-wing door design, and two-tone soft top offer undiluted open-air driving pleasure at the highest level.

View SLR McLaren Roadster Specifications
MSRP$497,750*

·
Registered
801 Posts
pricey MB

From the MB page:

The new SLR Roadster blends Formula 1 motor-racing credentials with a fully retractable semi-automatic soft top for a whole new dimension in Gran Turismo Roadsters.

Powered by a supercharged 5.5 liter, 617-horsepower AMG V-8 engine, the SLR McLaren Roadster can achieve a top speed of 206 mph. Its full carbon-fiber monocoque, Swing-wing door design, and two-tone soft top offer undiluted open-air driving pleasure at the highest level.

View SLR McLaren Roadster Specifications
MSRP$497,750*
That's 292 smarts like mine.........

·
Registered
128 Posts
Was buying a *much cheaper* M-B for my mom today in Plano TX ** dealership here had one on the showroom floor. Salesman said if I bought the SLR McLaren he would throw in the C230 Kompressor for free.

·
Registered
499 Posts
If I was in the big buck Benz territory I'd go for the AMG SL 6.3 before the SLR - far better looking, just as fast and enough left over to buy a dozen smarts!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts