Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
several scattered ref's around site as to 'offical' smart dealers servicing or not servicing pre-'08 450 smarts. After search, not really clear some maybe, some maybe not. So let's ask the questions straight up - all you dealers out there - will you provide service/parts for 450's, if so to what extent, or not?

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
just from what i've seen here in Indy, it's not a matter of "will you" but more like "can you"?

SCI doesn't even HAVE a parts and service dept of their own yet, they're using their MB dealer next door. the back of the building for Parts and Service is completely empty with no service write up areas, lifts, nothing.

but from what i've been told here locally, smart centers here in the US cannot obtain parts for 450's NOR are the techs really trained on them. i would imagine that the Parts Departments don't even have the EPC's for 450's, so there's no way to look up a part, get a part number and attempt to order it.

i really think you have to look at owning a 450 the same way you did before smartUSA came along. smart centers are supplied by smartUSA and they have nothing to do with the 450's. why would they want to work on something they're not trained to work on, can't get parts for and don't sell? sorry........i believe that's just the way it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts