Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an effort to drum up some local smart folks for a meet and drive, I posted an ad in Craigslist last week.

Today, I received a response from a local TV reporter:

Hi there, my name is Jordan Youngs, I work with KNDU-TV in Kennewick, WA. I find your Smart group very interesting. Would there be a chance we could do a news story with your group? Let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Jordan Youngs
KNDU-TV

"GROUP"??? Me and FrHedders heh heh

Before I respond... is anyone interested interested in sharing and showing off?

Let me know ASAP. Oooooh... And it would help if you were local to the Tri-Cities WA :D

:cheers:
Timo

·
Registered
194 Posts
Woo Hoo

Ok I'll bite. Come on Eastern Washington smarts. I know you are out there. Caravine, James, Shannon? I think Timo is getting lonely.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I live in seattle area ( well closer to tacoma ) but I think this is great !!
I have 24,000 miles on mine in 13 months . I love my smart !!
I'm only working part-time & could come to the east side for a story adout our wonderfull cars .

·
Registered
194 Posts
There are at least 10 smarts in Eastern Washington and we have not been able to wake them up. But- we have a guy on limited income willing to come 200 miles? Any body up for a short winery cruise? There is a new Brewery in Prosser. Anybody have a car older than mine, Diamler/Chrysler 12-07. I know of at least 2 450's in Richland. Show yourselves.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Retta's ready for a drive!!!

:p
when??? I do head off to Hawaii in 2 weeks though... I know, rough life I'm hearing ya say. Been planned for over a year now!! Let me know, k? might be able to bring both of em over!!

dani
<0)))))><

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I could be convinced to make another 'east-side' get-together........ depending on the date!! :) Fred....... just let "Shy's Pizza" know we're coming!!! :D

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check Jordan Young's weather forecast following the 30-second commercial.

HERE

Prosser Balloon Festival is this weekend?????

FrHedders, I think we need to have an emergency meeting of the sOPNWets.

Todd Micromachine and all the wet-siders... are you up for a meet?

Larry LittoDeviL, when can you make it (or not make it) with the Holstein rocket? Your turbo would be a big hitter if you can make it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would but I just don't have the time right now. I'm out of town every weekend thru October for business. I want to hear how it goes though. Very cool that they want to do a news story.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For those that are available... If you have a preference of either this Friday morning 02Oct or next Friday morning 09Oct, let me know ASAP.

T

·
Registered
99 Posts
waaaaa!!!

Saturday.... that's the day I'm off. I start vacation next Wed for 2 weeks. Have fun. :cool:

hugs n fishes!!

dani

For those that are available... If you have a preference of either this Friday morning 02Oct or next Friday morning 09Oct, let me know ASAP.

T

·
Registered
32 Posts
I could be avalable after Oct.13 (wifes b-day) I'm considering a trip to Reno or Vegas or ?? for a few days after that . (road trip )

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No worries everyone....

I'm emailing Mr. Youngs (the Jefferios-wanna-be :)) with the message that we are stick-in-the-muds: "the kids are in school", "hibernation started early this year", "my muffler bearings are out", "summer is over", "I don't have time", "my waterbed is on fire", "people do get-togethers?", "it might snow soon", bla, bla bla.

See ya in the spring!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I could be avalable after Oct.13 (wifes b-day) I'm considering a trip to Reno or Vegas or ?? for a few days after that . (road trip )
JJ, if your path takes you through the TC's and you want to pit-stop for a quick meet and greet, let me know.

Timo

1 - 18 of 18 Posts