Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I hope you like our brand new forums and will use them to interact with the entire Smart Community.

If you have any questions, as always feel free to contact myself and I will help you as best as I can.

Also, tell us your name and is you have a smart on the way!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hello...just found the site.

I went to Italy seven or so years ago and fell in love with the Smart cars. I have pictures of me around all different models. My friend, who lives in Italy, sent me a small model of a red Smart with black trim. The other day, I put down my reservation to get a red one with black trim! Not everyone can say they are going to get the car they've wanted for at least seven years and a model of which sat proudly on the desk at work all that time!

I can't wait to drive one when the road show comes to Buffalo in August.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Funny...I've got a red and black diecast model as well. Same story - we've visited Europe frequently over the years and would just stop in our tracks and grin when a Smart would go by.

I also have a reservation in and am patiently waiting for the tour to reach Dallas, I may just have to fly elsewhere that is an earlier stop on the tour.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i'm near houston texas and have a passion on order.
may change to a cabrio but will decide after the street show so i can get a first hand view of the "panoramic roof" listed as a feature on the passion.
cheers, haas

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I forgot to weigh in one what model I am looking at. I want the passion and would love the panorama roof!

·
Registered
4 Posts
What's the difference going to be? I saw them in Montreal and I was told the only difference is that they are all diesel up there? Where are people getting the names of the models and colors and features? It is very hard to find info on them. I am waiting to actually test drive one in Chicago before I actually "reserve one" ....Sandy

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hello from Arkansas. It might be that I'm the only one so far that has reserved one from this state. I got mine reserved on March 19th. I will be hoping to get a white one with silver tridion and either gray or beige interior. I'm thinking of going with the beige interior so if I decide to buy different color panels later then I will be able to match more colors to the beige interior. Anyway, glad to see everyone chiming in!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hoping but not holding my breath

Hi all, Ronski here. Would like to order, but want one of those super efficient diesels. When oh when??
TOTALLY! When?? I was SO disappointed when I learned that they are not bringing diesel smarts to the states. According to historical sales/numbers (think billowing mercedes exhaust), though, I can see why they 'feel' that diesel is the kiss of death here to the 'merican market. It kind of is.

I am hoping to get this first gas smart and then HOPEFULLY pick up a diesel one when they finally decide that there actually IS a market for these great cars!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just found you and thanks for a good looking site

Having had the first smart fortwo in the states back in '01 I can tell you that you are in for a great experience.... i.e. waving at passing cars, thumbs up to almost everyone, smile your picture is being taken, filling up the tank when somebody asks you "is dat one of does hybid cars?", parking in the smallest spot you can find, telling everyone that asks "what is it" tell them is your Bloomingdale's car....everything you buy (can roll up) fits in the trunk."

Started the first parts and accessory store in the states and looking forward to the official arrival of a now truely world car.

good luck, stay safe and remember what you are driving when you out on the open road.

Sherwin

·
Registered
37 Posts
When??????

How do I post a message that is not private, but to all? I'm interested in knowing if anyone has a handle on when we'll know who the dealers will be.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's been great reading all the above comments on Smart. I too have wanted one since 1998 when I first saw them in German. Fortunately I have been able to rent one twice and driven it for two weeks each time in Germany and it is just great. A bit of a problem on the Autobahn though. Not fast enough, but then again I will use mine in Chicago. I have ordered the Passion and it comnes with all that I want.

I have one complaint and that is about the Chicago street tour. A friend and I spent two days looking for the Street Tour in the City and could not find it and we are born and raised in Chicago. I did find out that the cars on the tour are the ones sold in Europe and not the one that we will get in USA.

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
How do I post a message that is not private, but to all? I'm interested in knowing if anyone has a handle on when we'll know who the dealers will be.
looks like you just did! As for the dealers, about a dozen or so have been "leaked" so to speak- SmartUSA hasn't officially announce them, but the dealerships involved had advertised it on their own. At this point, many seem to be existing Mercedes dealerships.

Edit: Also there is a "dealership announcement" subforum in the New and Rumors forum which has a few dealerships listed

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm interested in finding a dealership local to me. I'm in Chino Hills, California which is 26 miles east of downtown L.A. If you are aware of one or more that aren't to far from me, please let me know.

- Thanks!

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Several Smart Centers are planned for LA area (don't know if they have formally been announced.) One east of LA is reported to be the Toyota/Lexus dealer in El Monte.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello From Victoria,B.C. Canada

So glad you are finally getting the Smart Car in U.S.A.
Hope to meet some of you in the next year or so.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hello from Washington State, not D.C.

I just found this forum so it will take me awhile to find things around here.

I currently have two smarts, a 2006 silver/star blue metallic Passion named Maxwel and a 2006 black/ruby red Passion named Agent 99.

Looking forward to chatting with smarties in the States.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Welcome Smartie yank.

Quite a few of us here from CsC. :D

This place could well end up being THE stop for US Smart discussions. The Site is getting much better since they curtailed the Penske bashing. The Mods are doing a good job here and content will grow.

Best regards.
A2jack,

1 - 20 of 29 Posts