Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Some pics from Jim Pire at thedude.com

After we left Lombard, the "keeper of the gardens" told one of my friends who was helping how pleased he was with our group - and that there was zero damage to their street. That was very nice to hear... not that I'm suprised, we're smart! Thanks to everyone who showed up!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Man, you Cali folks have tons of Smarts! I have probably seen 5 in NJ in the last 2 months. That rally looked AWESOME! Maybe some year there will be a national rally, centrally located of course.

ANYWHO, Here's a direct link to some Lombard Street Rally pics:

S.F Smart Car Rally!

·
Registered
327 Posts
:bangwall:I am soooo bummed that we moved from California and couldn't make the rally of the century!!! Suzi...... whatever your number is... you pulled it off! Spectacular. My one question is... the picture of the cars at what looks like a barracks? Where was that? All the cars on the "street".... what an amazing get-together. Can NEVER be duplicated.... No one else has quite the same setting... I mean Florida with it's 7 mile bridge or Manhattan? Just wouldn't be the same. Kudos to all of you on the left coast. I applaude you :yelclap:

Russ

Sorry.. I guess that should be trueno and carl...and I guess whoever deserves the glory... you all did a wonderful job!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've got some pictures too, but no way to post them here I guess.........

Great to see everyone out! Make an August gathering here an annual event? Maybe not Lombard again. And what the hell happened at Ft. Point? (We stopped to get sandwiches, so we were last to roll in......and about first to roll out!)

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
OMG - We had so much fun. I couldn't get even close to getting ALL the smarts in one shot. I think I was somewhere near the middle and have posted two pics in the Gallery.

Meeting everyone and seeing all the cars and being the rock stars of the city for the day was a once in a lifetime event and well worth the trip from Portland.

I'm still in SF for one more day - can't wait to see the official shots from the pro.

Thanks Lombard Street Photo Shoot Committee and Volunteers. You guys are heroes!

Suze

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
I've got some pictures too, but no way to post them here I guess.........

Great to see everyone out! Make an August gathering here an annual event? Maybe not Lombard again. And what the hell happened at Ft. Point? (We stopped to get sandwiches, so we were last to roll in......and about first to roll out!)

I think they kicked us out - heh heh. Someone said the smarts were too short to be measured by the auto counter that regulates how many cars come into the park. :eek:

Is that true?

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Have to ditto Suze!!! What a great, check that; ultimate car meet!! Couldn't stay to find everyone I wanted to and had other commitments today and had to leave early but what a wonderful get together. Many thanks to Trueno 1, Facot9, Kathy333, and maybe I shouldn't list individuals because I don't know everyone who made this thing work and work it did. Over 140 smarts in SF and the scene was awesome. What's up for next year!!! Maybe something in Seattle before winter?

1 - 20 of 111 Posts