Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. :D

I've been lurking around here for a while so today I decided to go ahead and join.

I'm in Central Illinois with no dealer near me. I've been thinking about ordering a Smart Car, but it looks like the wait is about 12 months. Is that right? Chicago would probably be my closest dealer, even though they're a coulpe hours away from me. Next month I'm planning on going to a Cubs game so maybe I can check them out and take a test drive.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

"Peace Out Dude" :cool:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Welcome, I suggest take a test drive and get on the dealers orphan list, who knows maybe you can have one in a week? it has happened..

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Enjoy the game. Take time to visit the dealership. Call ahead of time to schedule a test drive. That way they'll know to expect you and should have some time set aside in case it's busy or something.

And welcome!

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today I emailed the dealer in Chicago and she said they had 250 people on their list already.

Will other dealers take me or do I have to go to the closest one? I've seen on here that some people go to a differrent state and some don't even have a dealer in their state.

Do you think its worth the time to try different places?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Some dealerships/area's seem to have an overlap in coverage. Can't hurt to call other dealerships and ask.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some dealerships/area's seem to have an overlap in coverage. Can't hurt to call other dealerships and ask.
Tell me about it. I looked at a map and I seem to be almost exactly in the middle of three citys. The more I look at it, I might be closer to St Louis then Chicago. I can check it out this weekend some more. I really wanted to go with the Chicago dealer because it's closeer to my parents. They live in Oaklawn and I can visit with them if I need service or something. How do I choose my dealer? Do I just go there and put in my order or do I have to do it online?

Thanks for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts