Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing my fix of smart info, I called up the smart customer service #, 800-smartusa, and did my best groveling for information...and here's what I got:

Without coming outright and saying it, the rep I spoke with confirmed:

1. That Rallye Motors in Roslyn NY will be a smart dealership. It only makes sense that they will be as they were recently acquired by the Penske Auto Group.

2. The smart dealerships will open in January.

3. They will receive two demo cars, which are already being shipped from the factory, which was also not affected by the French transit strike.

Now for the bad news, even though I made my $99 reservation in March and confimed when invited in October, availablity for purchase will also be based on these dates PLUS the region of the country.

I guess that means I'll need to do a drive by Rallye to see how smart they've become.

Agent86
soon to be in a 08 Yellow / Black / Black passion (i hope soon)

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
ALbany is only a few hours away from the Metro NYC area.....:D and I suspect that the larger metro areas will get cars earlier but not sure of that.

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Jury still out on that one, Agent86

...and the ones on the east coast getting the most, right?!?
I got a feeling that the West Coast may have the larger share of reservations but I haven't seen or heard anything about that yet. That one dealer in Seattle, I think, has 1100 reservations and who knows how many there are in SF or LA...both prime use areas for the Smart.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
who knows how many there are in SF or LA...both prime use areas for the Smart.

Out here on the left coast in Los Angeles we have the smart House (closing Jan 31) that has five USA spec demo cars right now.

Rumored dealers include Mercedes of Beverly Hills, Universal City smart, West Covina smart (Penske), Mercedes-Benz of Laguna Niguel, Walter's Mercedes Riverside.

That's at best 10% of the 50 national smart dealers within 60 miles of each other in Los Angeles. I think we'll be seeing a lot of smarts in Southern California come January.

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Out here on the left coast in Los Angeles we have the smart House (closing Jan 31) that has five USA spec demo cars right now.

Rumored dealers include Mercedes of Beverly Hills, Universal City smart, West Covina smart (Penske), Mercedes-Benz of Laguna Niguel, Walter's Mercedes Riverside.

That's at best 10% of the 50 national smart dealers within 60 miles of each other in Los Angeles. I think we'll be seeing a lot of smarts in Southern California come January.
And you'll be one of them, Dickey, with that great number you have!!!!! :)

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out. I have the next number up but if there are less cars from my dealership, then I may get mine before you.
Who knows.....:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts