Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would have never thought Ford would produce, a EV Mustang. With the shape of a small crossover. I bet they have a hit EV car here.

See Also: Mach-E Forum

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,084 Posts
It is a strong second effort from Ford, but yet another Tesla Killer? Not really, IMO. I give it better chances at sales than the Bolt. GM should have introduced the Bolt as a Buick or Caddy small crossover with specs to back it up. They missed their chance. I'm not so crazy about sticking the Mustang name on it though. The Ford Mach-E would have been fine.

Of course, the Hyundai/Kia EVs are a decent effort, but if you only plan to ship 25K a year worldwide, you're not going to make much of a dent. On this note, I hope Ford has a reasonable battery supply worked out since they're having to put large batteries in the Mach-E to get those "targeted" range numbers.

But, not really concerned about much of an impact on Tesla. The thing is, with modern EVs with good range, it's not an EV market any longer, it's an automobile market. How many Escape sales will this steal from Ford? Will Ford dealers actually try to sell the car unlike GM dealers? We'll see, but kudos to Ford if they actually deliver next year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts