Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
To be honest.... i'd still rather have a Model 3. Mostly because I actually kind of love the absolutely minimalist interior, but because i'm pretty sure that even though every manufacturer and their mother are announcing/releasing EV's, i'm pretty sure NONE of them will get any sort of update even remotely close to what Tesla does to their cars on a relatively regular basis.

Not saying it's a bad car. It has the looks, the price, and the range.... but i'd still prefer Tesla.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,084 Posts
I like what VW is doing with the ID series. I also like what Hyundai/Kia are doing in the EV space. Now if they'll just make the things in any volume approaching what Tesla is doing with the Model 3 and plans to do with the Model Y, then they'd have something. And, sales/support for the EVs too, instead of your dealership folks pushing people to an ICE model. You hear about big production numbers, but nothing has materialized yet. Oh, and get a nationwide DC fast charging network that is reliable and seamless to use. I know Electrify America is working on it, but it isn't there yet on those points.

In the meanwhile, I'm happy with my Model 3. Getting ready to rack up 700 miles or so roundtrip this weekend going to an NDEW event 5 hours away.

I welcome all new EVs to the fold, but there have been a lot of "Tesla killers" that don't really amount to much of anything (poor efficiency, lower range, no charging network), so I'll believe it when I see it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts