Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Spoiler alert
Don't tell me, let me guess Hmmmm..........…........smart. :eek:
You can tell the article was written before the "we are going to tickoff the MAJORITY of our North American buyers" and only sell electric cars through 25 or less dealers decision was announcement was made.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well, our cars will eventually become cute and collectible grocery-getter toy in the future, especially the ICE models. Make sure you wave to the other Smart drivers when you see them on the road! :D:D:D

·
Registered
386 Posts
I suspect not having product to sell and decimating the dealer network doesn't exactly help sales figures....

We just purchased a Ram pickup truck because Annette needed something more reliable then her 18 year old Saturn. Dealer discounted the truck $16,000 to get the sale, more then if we had bought an EV and taken advantage of the gov't rebates.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
Consumers, are buying small crossovers, and SUV's. 110 of them, are offered alone in NA. The market is flooded with them. I really doubt smart will be around after the year 2018. Sale were terrible for the reasonable priced ICE model. Only 27 dealers selling high priced smart EV's. I noticed on cars.com. Coupe smart EV's were going for $26k up to $30k. Found a used low mileage 2014 smart ed, for $8k. If you want to go green, go used.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Consumers, are buying small crossovers, and SUV's. 110 of them, are offered alone in NA. The market is flooded with them. I really doubt smart will be around after the year 2018. Sale were terrible for the reasonable priced ICE model. Only 27 dealers selling high priced smart EV's. I noticed on cars.com. Coupe smart EV's were going for $26k up to $30k. Found a used low mileage 2014 smart ed, for $8k. If you want to go green, go used.
Most folks are leasing EV's anyway. If you want a new one, the lease deals are hard to pass up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts