Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009, hoping to find a source that's cheaper than a dealer.

First I need a drivers side turn signal lens. The light works, the lens is broken including the mounting clip. As a temp fix I've mounted it with double sided tape.

Second, a passenger side seatbelt buckle. It works, the plastic housing broke off. Anyone know if you have to pull the seat?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
A lot of times, Smart Online Parts is cheaper. It is dealer connected, but priced much lower than most.
Be careful to remember to disconnect the battery maybe 15 minutes before disconnecting the seat connectors under the seat, so as not to create a fault that HAS TO be corrected with a STAR computer for a fee. AND remember to reconnect all connectors before connecting the battery back.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Check e-bay. I know right now there is a salvage yard in California that is parting out a couple of smarts. Prices are pretty cheap on most of the stuff. Should be able to find what you need for a steal...:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
The turn signal lenses are about 15 bucks. Dealer should be right around there as well as online. Many on eBay have free ship. I noticed that on the newer ones the plastic part where the clip is seems more durable. I wonder if because so many break. Did yours just snap off when driving?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts