Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I just purchased a used 2008 Fortwo, got a few questions here..
The check engine light came on after 1 day of driving, having a catalytic converter issue. Obviously, the seller erased the check engine light and sold it to me.
I'm located in Glendale California, looking for the nearest service center.
I've tried Mercedes service center today but it costs a lot and they looked very unprofessional, searching google for the check engine light codes and show the Google search results to us..
Anyways, I've looked into the Smart Madness but it is a little far from where I'm located.
I'm worrying that going into any repair shop with this little car will embarrass mechanics.
Thank you in advance for any service center recommendations..

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Hmm. I actually upgraded my Foxwell scanner a while back because some members were making the smartball run to CA. Happy to run a free scan but beyond that I"m not a mechanic.....

EDIT-. The smartusa site is showing West Covina and Beverly Hills as probably the two closest locations that still service smart cars. I actually always took mine to Laguna Niguel because I bought mine there. (I'm afraid pricing may be expensive as you note).

·
Registered
2015 Smart ForTwo Pure - Car2Go
6 Posts
I went to Smart Madness last Monday (quick drive from me in Long Beach). They definitely know what they're doing and have tons of parts! There were about 4 moded Smarts and a couple Fiats out front, so it might be worth a call!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts