Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 2014 Smart for the sole purpose of using in the National Parks and campsites. I pull it with a Small Class C RV and it pulls great. It's had a few issues like 02 sensor out and small stuff but is pretty reliable. I got all my towing equipment from etrailer.com, installed myself and enjoy it. I have a Jeep that I could pull behind the RV but the Smart is to simple to handle. I really like the little car and never thought I would own one but I do. I looked at a Fiat 500 and other small cars but glad I got the Smart. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@NascarJohnny - Fair enough. The smart is a great car. We missed ours so much after we turned in our lease that we recently bought another. You just can't stop smiling and appreciating the car when you're driving, and I've driven all levels of cars... used to have several higher end Mercedes and a Nissan GTR as well. The Smart is among my favorite driving experiences. :)
They are fun little cars. I like the fact that I can whip into small spaces and park. Mine gets good mileage, has AC, nice JVC radio I installed and is just plain fun to drive. At first the wife was a little hesitant, but I've owned a couple Harley's and told her your better protected than on the bike! I own a Jeep and the wife has an Audi Q5 and I tell her the Smart is a Mercedes Sports Car 😀 The Smart is a vacation car to pull behind the RV and we have fun with it. Took a little bit getting used to the auto shifting standard type transmission but second nature now. I do like the gas mileage I get with the little car. We recently spent two weeks in Yellowstone and she was just perfect for the park, gear in the back, tank full of gas and out for the day. What's really funny is everyone wants to check out the Smart. You can be at the gas station getting gas or parked somewhere everyone wants to check it out.😁

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.