Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm looking for a smart service centre in Ontario or Manitoba. I'm in Thunder Bay and the smart service is the local chrysler dealer they have no clue and the service is awful.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The smart dealer for Thunder Bay is Northstar Mercedes Benz at 1480 Walsh Street West. I've got no input on their level of service. Probably not great, but I'm sure it'll be better than a Chrysler dealer.

·
Registered
449 Posts
My expectations of an MB dealer aren't exactly high, but given that they'll at least have access to service manuals, and will have serviced more smarts, they should at least be better than a dealer with no attachment to the brand, and no service manual access.

Independents are typically much better than the dealer, but I've never seen any recommendations for good independents in northern Ontario.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's few good shops up here. I had a rear sway bar done by a local shop and they installed the end links wrong so the rear bar was at a 45 degree angle cutting the fuel lines. Yes it's that bad. Being nearly a 1000km from any other major city sucks.
Like I said the MB dealership and the the Chrysler dealership are owned by the same people. Bells started ringing when they recommended rotating the tires.... I ended up finally getting to make an appointment over the phone after waiting 20 mins in front of the service counter and not even getting a hello I'll be right with you.
I'm have problems getting into reverse and sometimes into any gear. Yes I've read everything about it and mentioned the second device patch which they have no clue. See what happens I guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts