Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Ya'll.
We are in the market for #5 . Our first three are still toddling along, running like tops. Knock on wood, we've had absolutely no problems, and it's been amazing how little they've cost to run, maintain, and insure. Anything cheaper, and it'd have to be a bicycle.

We sold #4 a couple of years ago, when the youngest decided to go to school overseas. We had the very devil of a time selling it. It looked brand new, had been lovingly cared for, but we ended up practically gave it away after trying to sell it for seven discouraging months.

Fast forward to now, and the youngest has decided to come back home, and wants ONLY a Smart again. (Gee, I wonder why?!)

Now that I'm in the market for another one, it seems that things have flip-flopped. Everyone I contact regarding a nice looking, clean Smart at a decent price tells me, "Oh, already sold it".

She banked the money from the sale of the first one, never spent it, and that is pretty much her budget for the replacement.

If any one knows of a clean used one, low mileage, please drop me a line. My email is same as user name with addition of gmail.com

We are Atlanta area, willing to drive several hundred miles for a good car. And you all on the forum are the best. You KNOW your Smarts, and have been encyclopedic with your knowledge, and generosity in sharing it. Saved our bottoms more than once, lol. (Husband posts under another user ID.)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DrKillerBee: I've done a 500 mile search from Atlanta, and haven't seen that one. Link?

Just having the weirdest experience. I've emailed several people, and not a single one has returned my message, except two who said their vehicles were already sold. Do you not update your listings, folks? And the rest of you, why list a car for sale if you're not going to bother to answer inquiries? Sheesh!

Did call one guy about a cabrio in FL, after he didn't respond, because we were seriously interested, but he nutted up on me. I'm not going to fly down to risk picking up a car from a lunatic, so scratched that one. I guess he thought I was someone else who'd been pestering him. I'd say "lol", but I wasn't L'ing after hanging up from that call. That was one scary dude.

Wikiworf, we subscribe to the Dave Ramsey "lease=fleece" school of thought, no matter how cheap it looks. But thanks for the suggestion. :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and to the very nice gentleman who pm'd me he'd like to sell his to someone who appreciated Smarts, for some reason I can't reply to your message. At least, I don't think it went through, so ....
>>>>>
thank you so much for offering, but we're looking for something with lower mileage.

And we do appreciate these little cars. I still smile at mine every morning when I walk out, pat it on the steering wheel, and tell it, "let's go for a ride!"

We tell folks we cash flowed our kids through college with what we saved in vehicle expenses. They don't believe us, but it's true. Their loss, not ours, lol.
regards,
Melinda<<<

·
Registered
88 Posts
Autotrader has a red with black trid 2009 Passion with 18,465 miles for $7,970 at Montrose Auto Campus in Cleveland, OH, in case you didn't see it. According to the CarFax it's never been wrecked and shows regular oil changes, so at least it looks like someone took reasonable care of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts