Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello this is Bob,

I am new here and am looking for info on a good trailer that can be pulled by a smart car. Does anyone know of a good, light weight trailer?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,222 Posts

All the same trailer with different attachments on top. Same trailer that Harbor Freight sells.

** You will want to grease the wheel bearings before you take it on the road. The grease they use is minimal and of a poor quality. Well worth the extra effort to pack the bearings..

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
We have the Harbor Freight Tag-a-long and love it. It's light weight and holds a lot. Even full my smart hardly knows it is following along behind.

For camping we have a TimeOut Deluxe. It's easy to set up, roomy inside and weighs under 400 lbs. We lose a few mpg's. It was built to be pulled by a motorcycle and our smart has no troubles pulling it.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Dinoot has a small cargo kit for a trailer.

'The J-Series is available in two sizes; "Compact" and"Extended". The Compact is lightweight and sized perfectly for being a highly maneuverable back-country trailer.' :nerd:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use the small 4' X 40 1/2 " Harbor Fright trailer to haul my mobility scooter on. Works great and don't know its there, except for the added noise. Live in the Midwest with plenty of hills around. No problems pulling at speeds of 60+. Pulls mileage down to about 39 mpg. Total weight: 353 pounds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Bob
I just repainted a small 40 inch by 60 inch trailer to pull behind my 2009 Smart Car. My trailer came from a store in Florida called Tractor Supply. I bought a hitch from Curt out if Wisconsin. The 4 wire harness hook up was pretty straight forward.
Good luck and good motoring.
Don Hunter
New Port Richey Florida

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
It's your call?

BUT.

This thing is 2 1/2 feet wider than a smart, 43 inches longer than a smart and just by itself (before you add any like luggage or cargo?) weighs 1000lbs? which is just about as much as I would ever want to tow with my smart?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts