Smart Car of America Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Correction: looking for buyer: yellow '08 Passion (SOLD)

3K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  sokoloff 
#1 ·
2008 yellow smart passion AS IS. About 80,000 miles on it. I'm the proverbial old lady that only had an 18 mile commute for 10+ years.

battery was dead again, road service couldn't jump it so he put in one he happened to have with him, wanting $200 cash.

his wouldn't work either. since it could be so many other issues that are unaffordable I just want to sell it.

Lynn MA

#8 ·
added 12/163/2020:
Location is Lynn Massachusetts,
I would like $6,000 to put towards a pre-owned 'something' without this battery issue but I am willing to discuss a reasonable price.
I'm told $6,000 is a good price for any Smart fan with backyard mechanical skills or someone looking to use parts and sell parts..

#10 ·
my yellow smart is located on the coast in Lynn Massachusetts. Lynn is just north of Boston and right after Revere Beach, close enough that the Boston skyline can be seen from here.
I have been advised to ask for $8,000, as a good price for a backyard mechanic to fix and resell or just sell the parts.
I am willing to entertain any reasonable offers.

I need to buy a decent used car in the Spring without my smart's ongoing battery issue. I will try to add pictures of her this weekend. She's yellow with black tridion, roof and a full moonroof. Mileage is under 80,000, eight years of a short (9 Mile) commute to work three cities away of course another 9 miles home. Very limited driving since retirement then in this year of Covid I've gone out on short errands only when I absolutely had to :)

I thank you for your interest.

#14 ·
Bless you gtdump for wishing me luck, I sure need it. This is getting more and more complicated.
I cancelled my registration so I could cancel my insurance before the next payment is due.
Someone has expressed interest but is asking for things I can't give him yet. I can't get to the car using my Rollator thanks to the storm and uncleared snow between here and there for pictures and the odometer reading. AAA will tow the car to a mechanic but I have to wait for my next social security check to pay for the computer reading so I can take a picture of it.
I don't even know if I can get the mileage since the car won't even start with the road Service guy's $200 battery (you remember from my original post, he was going to follow me to an ATM for me to get him cash after he got my car started).

Okay gtdump, I will stop whining now.
Seasons greetings to you and your loved ones gtdump
🤶🎄☃

May 2021 be everything that 2020 wasn't!

#23 ·
When the service guy hooked up that pricy battery, did the dashboard light up? If not, I would wager his battery was probably dead, too.

Good luck! If it were closer to Illinois I'd probably take it in as a fifth in my collection. :)

#25 ·
Thank you. My car has sold today but I don't know how to close out my original post 🙁

Thank you JWIGHT

Can you close out my original post? My car was sold today.
Thank you.
Lynn, you can email me at l1j1s@aol.com and I will then give you a call.
My car has been sold today. Thank you for your interest.
I don't know how to delete my initial post. 🙁

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.