Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all.
somewhere out there, I saw a dual smart exhaust that had ONE exhaust ON EACH SIDE? (about where the standard is + another on the other side)

Now I can't find it?

It would work well for those of us who plan on using a trailer hitch?

· Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
8,193 Posts
Howdy all
I finally found the dual SIDE exhaust I was looking for

"EVIL TWIN STEALTH" model

Smarts-R-us Ltd Smart Fortwo 451 exhaust

NOW, does anyone know where I can get this for around $300 US?
Causes one to just say - WHY? That bad boy is just plain ugly. :badidea:

$300 US is a pipe dream - you need to think $5-600 US plus shipping from the UK!

Good luck with that!

· Super Moderator
8,193 Posts
Doesn't matter a great deal do it?
You won't see it when it's fitted.

A $300 exhaust is possible in USA as your CAT isn't part of the exhaust.
So you are saying that same Evil Twin exhaust could be purchased from the UK and shipped to the US for $300 or, someone stateside could make a similar item and sell it for $300.

None of the US made cat-back exhausts are selling for less than $350. Please explain the basis of your comment.

Thanks,

Tom

· Vendor
3,789 Posts
We will be releasing a dual side exhaust in the next 30-45 days. It has already been designed and a prototype has been manufactured.

However, it will not be $300. Sorry...

The exhausts are in the process of being produced and once we have them available for delivery we will make the official announcement. If you have any questions or are interested in reserving one please contact us directly at [email protected]

Thanks!

· Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"We will be releasing a dual side exhaust in the next 30-45 days. It has already been designed and a prototype has been manufactured.

However, it will not be $300. Sorry..."

So about how much will it be?

· Super Moderator
8,193 Posts
Why?

We received an update from the manufacturer. The retail price for the complete exhaust and the hardware kit will be $599.99.

We should have all the details and pics available very soon.

Thanks,
Boris
Boris,

Gotta go back to my original question to this posting - WHY?

If you have this out being built I presume you have tested a prototype? Solid or flex pipe coming off the engine?

Aside from the look (stealth?) of dual exhaust, what are the quantifiable benefits?

Hate to go here but what did the dyno say? And the sound (and loudness - db measure?) when compared to stock, mod single tip side or mod split pipe center dual tip?

I am sure you have all this ready to share but with a price point of $600 you will be far and away the most expensive player in this specialty market.

Best of luck!

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.