Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a G&K converted model 450 for sale? Or a diesel 450 registered in the US?

I wrecked mine last night and I'm afraid the ins co might total it since it is a 2005. I need a 450 instead of a 451 since we carry it crossways on the back of our truck.

The smartie did it's job though - a pretty heavy front end hit with airbag deployment - no injury and no damage to the safety cell, doors open and close, windshield in place. Damage limited to front end components.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
flea bay is a good bet -- they come in spurts -- I've seen some nice ones for $8K with 6K miles on them -- you just have to watch. The diesels are dicey, AND expensive. Your state would have to be an easy one to get it on the road and it would never be legal in the eyes of big brother

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, should have updated here as well. Yes, we test drove a 451 and decided the ride and handling improvement is well worth the extra length. I was a dyed in the wool 450 fan, but pleasantly surprised by the improvements in the 451.

It will be nice to have dealer support for our 2011. We found one with 8k miles on it for less than $3k more than the ins co paid for our 2005, so we are happy campers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts