Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP HELP HELP

OK.

I know that sometime in the last two weeks (or so) I read in a thread (pretty sure it was SCOA?) about KEBA chargers and how they sometimes only charge at 110V even when connected to 240V?

I have tried the search function and cannot find what I read?

As I recall, it mentioned an internal switch/setting that sometimes is forgotten during installation?

The reason I need this is my dealership's maint. guy keeps telling me that our KEBA is "connected" to 240v. BUT, when I plug in the car is telling me that it will take 8.5-11 hrs to charge (which tells me it's only drawing 110v)?

Any technical help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Wallace, might want to first check to see what size circuit (30A?) is supplying the dealership's charger?

The Bosch KEBA factory settings at delivery are 10A. Perhaps the installer failed to reconfigure the DIP switches (see manual page 28) to allow greater than 10A?

Available options include - 10A, 13A, 16A, 20A, 25A and 30A.

For KEBA KeContact KCP20-U installation manual see below . . .

http://www.pluginnow.com/sites/default/files/KeContact_KCP20u_Installation.pdf

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The Bosch KEBA factory settings at delivery are 10A. Perhaps the installer failed to reconfigure the DIP switches (see manual page 28) to allow greater than 10A?
Beat me to it. That was the exact issue at the dealership that I had. You really need to set those switches to get better than 10A. Had I not read the manual that came with mine, the electrician would not have known to do it. The "quick install" sheet for them doesn't even mention the switches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts