Smart Car of America Forum banner

Looking for Low Mileage Cabrio

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Springlering 
#1 ·
I am typing this through tears. Some idiot threw his car in reverse to get a parking space, slammed into me, and jumped out of humongous SUV screaming at me that I was too small to see and shouldn't have "been in his way". His insurance is totaling my beloved '08 Yellow Peril that I have cherished and loved since the moment I put my name on the waiting list, and waited and waited and waited for it to hit these shores.

I am looking for a low mileage, one owner cabrio, hopefully as loved and cherished as mine was. (Although that would be hard.) Any year considered.

I'm in Atlanta, willing to drive several hundred miles for the right vehicle, and will pay cash. Light Yellow would be a welcome bonus. No red. For some reason, I just never learned to appreciate the red.

Please text or email photos/details/asking price to Melinda 770-757-0615 springlering@gmail.com

This is our second totaled '08 Smart this year. The other one was sideswiped by a tractor trailer. I guess we were overdue after nine years of flawless performance and enjoyment, but good grief!!!!! My babies are dropping like flies. It's like losing a much loved pet. I can't even picture my driveway without a dose of sunshine yellow in it.

See less See more
#6 ·
Ironically, that's exactly what the officer said.

Thanks for the leads. I specifically want a cabrio. The three in the link, one is a Brabus. We've had six '08s, but no Brabus. I'm a little scared of those, since i have no experience with them. The second has a pig ugly car fax, and the third is a hardtop listed in the convertible category.

I've called several out of town dealers, waiting on a couple to get back, and one that informed me that their low mileage cabrio with gorgeous photos and a clean car fax is "parts only". Can't quite figure that one out.

#7 ·
Check out this one:

cabriolet, yellow, low miles, one owner, no accident, special "CITYFLAME" edition, one million mile warranty, 0.9% financing for 5 years through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services, power steering, heated leather seats, BRABUS wheels, special interior.

Used 2013 smart fortwo For Sale | Lynnfield MA

At $11,000 for 60 months, 0.9% financing its about $200 a month for 60 months. Maybe less with any money down.

#8 ·
#11 ·
Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions, especially the guy who suggested cars.com

I have found a nice little cabrio, sadly, not yellow, but I drive less than 3,000 miles a year now, so I guess I need to grow up and get over it, lol. Have booked a flight to pick her up Saturday and bring her on home.

This will be Smart #7 for us. Hard to believe. Had three since they shipped them over in '08. Two of those totaled and replaced just this year. The other two were treated as temporary cars because they were cheaper than long term rental cars for a daughter who split time between here and overseas for several years.

I would just like to say, that neither I nor my other daughter considered anything else but a Smart to replace our totaled cars. We are very, very loyal to these wonderful little cars.

It's like I tell people, you either love 'em or hate 'em, and if you do love 'em, it's with a sincere passion.

May these guys last at least another nine years, and hopefully well into classic car-dom!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.